If you are looking for a destination that combines the mysticism of the past with the modernity of the future, Istanbul can be a great choice. Istanbul connects Asia and Europe and is one of the most important places in the world. It is a city that astonishes one with its opposites. For cheap places to eat and stay in Istanbul, here is the information you will need.
Inexpensive places to eat in Istanbul
They say that if you want to eat well, eat at the place the locals go to! The same applies to this city too. There is no dearth of places to eat and it is best to choose places where the local people seem to swarm. This way, you can be assured of getting to taste some amazing meals at cheap prices. Turkish food is known for its wholesomeness, heartiness and earthiness. The breads, the mezzes and the kebabs are the best and you will have a lot of fun exploring the cuisine of this delightful country. Here’s a list of some amazing restaurants one can eat at on the cheap.
- Sera Restaurant: This place is known for the amazing ambience and views it offers and also for the fabulous food. It is located in Sultanahmet and has great seafood and Turkish specialties.
- Baran: This is another place that offers very cheap food but the quality of everything is very good. What this cafe-style restaurant specialises in is Turkish comfort food and it is something both locals and tourists enjoy.
- Refik: This place is located in Taksim and is another delightful little place that offers great food at very reasonable prices. There are lots of different mezze platters to choose from and you could order a complete Turkish meal here as well here.
- Sultan’s Pub: This is a restaurant in Sultanahmet that has some excellent Turkish food on offer. The waiters are helpful and there’s a street-side terrace as well where you can eat.
- Ist: If you don’t want any more Turkish food and would rather have a meal with favourites such as burgers, pastas, salads or sandwiches, this is the place to head out to. It serves mean omelettes and is located on Istiklal Street.
- Mandabatmaz: This is a cafe that serves beautiful snacks and great coffee. Don’t worry if Turkish coffee is not something you like; you can get other varieties of coffees here as well.
- Balkan Lokantasi: This is a place where the locals eat and that is a way to guarantee that you will get fabulous food. The prices are great and the ambience wonderful.
Inexpensive places to stay in Istanbul
You don’t have to break the bank to find good places to stay in this city. Here are some options:
- Hostels: These are a good option for people who want to save money. There are many good ones available in the heart of the city and you can even get a private room in one. You can expect to pay anything between $30 to $40 a night in one of these.
- Angel’s Home Hotel: This is a cheap place to stay and is considered a top hotel in the city for its no-frills service and comfortable rooms. You can even get airport shutter service at a reasonable price.
- Zeynep Sultan Hotel: This is a wonderful place to choose if you are looking for ways to save money on your trip. It has great views and also offers good breakfasts, teas and even has airport transfers at decent process. Overall, a nice place to stay.
- Ilkay Hotel: If you are looking for a hotel that offers excellent service, good food and is located near the heart of the old city, then this is a great choice.
- World Heritage Hotel Istanbul: This is another cheap place to stay at in Istanbul that offers great hospitality. The location is excellent and they are really good with the information they provide. You can get travel tips from the hotel itself that will make your stay more fun in the city. The food they offer is good, and made from scratch.
- Hotel Djem: This is another excellent place to stay that offers big rooms and a comfortable stay. The service staff is friendly and helpful and you can be assured that you will get the help you need if you face any trouble during the trip.
As you can well see, there are some great places to eat at and stay in Istanbul. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to enjoy a trip to the city. There are lots of places to see and things to do on the cheap here as well.
Check out best blogs:
- All inclusive oludeniz holidays
- Turkey flights Thomas Cook
- Family holiday antalya
- Very cheap holidays to turkey
- Kusadasi all inclusive Turkey
- Thomas cook jiva beach resort holidays
- Turkey holidays tui